6 Reasons You (yes, you) Should be an Early Riser
For most of my life, I have been a night owl. I am just more awake and lively in the evening hours. Now that I am the happy owner of a morning dog, I have learned the joys of getting up early.
- The day is brand new and clean. Go outside and walk before it gets too hot or too busy. Bring a friend like I do!
- You can get the workout in, and that important task done before anyone else gets in to interrupt your flow. Isn’t it great to get all that out of the way, and know that the day is already productive, even before lunch? SO much less stress this way.
- Being up first means that no one has used up all the hot water and the good cereal.
- You get all the worms.
- Getting up early gives you time to do things you love before school or work. It has always been easier for me to get up when there is something fun waiting for me. You can take a few moments to think about your day, your priorities, and make a plan before you are running out the door. If you start out with chaos, you may spend the whole day trying to catch up.
- You will sleep better and be healthier. Many sleep studies have shown that getting enough quality sleep can help promote weight loss, creativity and a healthy immune system, and reduce aging related disorders and depression. To get enough good sleep, you will need to go to bed and get up at a regular time most days.
Here are two reasons to sleep a bit later:
- The first one up has to make the coffee.