To simplify our lives, we can use all three of these activities for our home and our activities.
- Reduce what you spend time on to only the things that mean the most to you.
- Reduce the commitments you make to those that bring fulfillment and happiness.
- Reduce our possessions to make more time and resources available for what we want in our lives.
Lately, reusing objects has become fashionable. So fashionable, that the practice has moved into mass production: distressing new objects to look old, and mass-producing retro items to look reused. We still can repurpose things and activites to make our lives simpler and more meaningful.
- Take a walk around the lake with a friend instead of going to the gym, then meeting them for dinner.
- Donate time to a food bank with our whole family on a Sunday afternoon.
- Reuse those grocery bags to collect trash or recycling instead of letting them take over your cabinets.
Recycling is so satisfying, but you can do more than just put your newspapers out for collection each week. Think about what you have in excess, and what is needed somewhere else.
- Give your third term as President of the PTA to someone else, and devote the extra time to something you have been wanting to learn.
- Have a monthly collection day with your kids for books, toys and coats that they have outgrown. Have them join your when you dro them off at the collection site.
- Find out what can be recycled that you are currently throwing in the trash. You can find help here and here, or find a link to your town’s recycling program.
Photo credit: Steve SnodgrassRead More